Learn HTML5 and CSS3 in 24 one-hour lessons!
Sams Teach Yourself HTML and CSS in 24 Hours is a well-organized, clearly written, and generously illustrated tutorial that teaches beginners how to quickly create great-looking web pages using HTML5 and CSS3.
With a practical, jargon-free focus on quickly getting web pages created and published to the web, the book's 24 one-hour lessons carefully guide the reader through each step involved in creating, enhancing, and maintaining web sites of all types and sizes.
The ninth edition of Sams Teach Yourself HTML and CSS in 24 Hours brings the entire book in line with the HTML5 and CSS3 specifications and capabilities and includes fresh material and examples that take full advantage of the book's full-color layout and design.
Anyone who completes the lessons in this book can have his or her web pages be among those that appear on the Internet. In fact, within the first two lessons in this book, someone with no previous HTML experience at all can have a web page ready to go online.
If you like learning by doing, this is the book for you. It organizes lessons in the basics of HTML5 and CSS3 into simple steps and then shows you exactly how to tackle each step. Many of these HTML code examples are accompanied by pictures of the output produced by the code. You see how it's done, you read a clear, concise explanation of how it works, and then you immediately do the same thing with your own page. A few minutes later, you're on to the next step.
Learn how to…
- Build your own web page and get it online in an instant
- Format text for maximum clarity and readability
- Create links to other pages and to other sites
- Add graphics, color, and visual pizzazz to your web pages
- Work with transparent images and background graphics
- Design your site’s layout and typography using CSS
- Get user input with web-based forms
- Publicize your site and make it search-engine friendly
- Test a website for compatibility with different browsers
- Make your site easy to maintain and update as it grows
- Use HTML5 semantic tags to better structure your pages
- Create columns with CSS
- Add HTML5-based video and audio to your site
- Use CSS3 transforms, transitions, and animations to create great visual effects
- Use HTML5’s powerful form validation capability
Contents at a Glance
Part I: Getting Started on the Web
1 Understanding How the Web Works
2 Structuring an HTML Document
3 Understanding Cascading Style Sheets
Part II: Building Blocks of HTML
4 A Closer Look at HTML5 Page Structure
5 Working with Text Blocks and Lists
6 Working with Fonts
7 Working with Colors and Borders
8 Using External and Internal Links
9 Using Tables and Columns
10 Creating Images for Use on the Web
11 Using Images in Your Web Site
12 Using Multimedia in Your Web Site
Part III: Advanced Web Page Design with CSS
13 Working with Margins, Padding, Alignment, and Floating
14 Understanding the CSS Box Model and Positioning
15 Creating Fixed or Liquid Layouts
16 Using CSS to Do More with Lists
17 Using CSS to Design Navigation
18 Using Mouse Actions to Modify Text Display
19 Implementing CSS3 Transforms, Transitions, and Animations
PART IV: Advanced Web Site Functionality and Management
20 Creating Print-Friendly Web Pages
21 Understanding Dynamic Web Sites and HTML5 Applications
22 Working with Web-Based Forms
23 Organizing and Managing a Web Site
24 Helping People Find Your Web Pages
Author: Julie C. Meloni
Do you want ot get/download the HTML and CSS in 24 Hours, Sams Teach Yourself (Updated for HTML5 and CSS3) (9th Edition) (Sams Teach Yourself in 24 Hours) as Paperback or Kindle/pdf eBook?