You'll learn how to create an Android-friendly web app on the platform of your choice, and then convert it to a native Android app with the free PhoneGap framework. Discover why device-agnostic mobile apps are the wave of the future, and start building apps that offer greater flexibility and a broader reach.
- Learn the basics for making a web page look great on the Android web browser
- Convert a website into a web application, complete with progress indicators and more
- Add animation with jQTouch to make your web app look and feel like a native Android app
- Take advantage of client-side data storage with apps that run even when the Android device is offline
- Use PhoneGap to hook into advanced Android features -- including the accelerometer, geolocation, and alerts
- Test and debug your app on the Web under load with real users, and then submit the finished product to the Android Market
Author: Jonathan Stark